Friday, November 23, 2012

Know Your Tai Chi Styles

So often I get asked how many styles of Tai Chi are there? The answer is that there are hundreds of different ways of doing Tai Chi. I'm going to post some videos here of the major styles you will find performed by various masters. I personally only practice Yang and Sun because that is what I was taught. All these styles are valuable for healing or fighting.

Yang Style Tai Chi

This is the big one. The most popular and commonly seen style in the world.




Chen Style Tai Chi

Considered by many to be the oldest and most original style of Tai Chi. 





Wu Style Tai Chi

This style focuses on throwing and wrestling. 



Hao Style Tai Chi

This style features small subtle movements that have devastating power and great health benefits.


Sun Style Tai Chi

High stances, agile footwork, and elements of the other internal martial arts make this one of my personal favorite Tai Chi styles to practice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment