Monday, January 28, 2013

Extraordinary Results and Curing the Incurable



"What are you prepared to do?" -Sean Connery, Untouchables

If you look at Tai Chi and Qigong literature you will see stories of practitioners who cure themselves of incurable illnesses. These men and women cultivate their qi and beat the illness. Tai Chi and Qigong can help lots of illnesses such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, depression, diabetes, MS, Heart Disease, Cancer, Anxiety,and other physical and mental problems. There is even the potential for cure. Yes I said cure.

Just practicing Tai Chi and Qigong 20 minutes everyday or a few times a week is enjoyable and can yield great benefits. Curing an illness by these means requires far more commitment. As Mr. Robert W. Smith once wrote: "Commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved but the pig is committed." This is the attitude one must have if one wishes to defeat an illness. You have to be prepared to learn the methods of Qigong and Tai Chi and practice them very hard for at least an hour or two everyday. You have to work hard and sweat and labor. I was once part of the half hour per day Tai Chi will fix all my problems club. The truth is it ain't so. If you want to become strong and overcome your ailments (mine was extreme obesity brought on by poor diet and lack of hard work) then you have to be prepared to work very hard at your regimen.

You will have to alter your diet, you may very well need to consult with a good Oriental Medical Doctor. You will have to work for these extraordinary results. Too many times we see these arts as an easy way out an alternative to hard arduous exercise. But the truth is it's another kind of exercise. A brilliant wonderful mindful exercise but you still have to work hard.

I advocate that rather than seeing things as alternatives in terms of health and exercise look at each one as a tool. I love the Tai Chi, Qigong, and Martial Arts tools they help me achieve my goals. Those are tools in a toolbox that I use to maintain and improve my state of wellness. I can still use Western Medicine if I choose. I can go to an herbalist, a chiropractor, or acupuncturist as well. I can consciously choose what I want to eat. I can take walks, meditate, practice yoga. These are all tools that can help me to live well.


The key is that cures and improvement are possible. Even if you never get that cure you still get the benefit of your efforts. A cure is an extraordinary result and extraordinary results require extraordinary effort. So then what are you prepared to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment